Are you the one who typically give gifts during special occasions? And the act of giving just gives you joy in the most genuine way possible. Well this post may be for you. Christmas is just a few weeks from now and as they say, it is better to be early to buy and wrap your gifts. However, since we are on this zero waste campaign and we don’t want most of our gifts to end up in the landfill, I decided to search and write for the best zero waste gifts for Christmas.
There are tons of zero waste products now on the market which you can choose. Be that as it may, I think that the best advice I can give for gift giving is to ask the receiver what he or she would like to have as a present. Because no matter how cute and how zero waste the item is, but the fact that she or he will not use it is still a waste. So, it is better to ask first.
Have you thought of starting an eco-friendly lifestyle? Check this post.
If, however, they choose not to answer. Here are the best zero-waste gift ideas for Christmas to help a person start a more eco-friend and zero waste lifestyle.
- Money (A good amount is incomparable.)
- Gift Card (Staycations on hotel, spas, grocery shops, etc.)
- Reusable bottle
- Reusable coffee cup
- Mesh bags for produce / food shopping
- Cute tote bags
- Wooden sunglasses
- Bar soaps
- Bar shampoos and conditioners
- Mason Jars
- Reusable Straws (Metal or Bamboo)
- Food Containers / Bento Box
- Beeswax Wrap
- Reusable Kitchen Towels
- Menstrual Cups for women / Reusable menstrual Pads
- Period Panties
- Household plants
- Bamboo Toothbrush
- Refillable Silk Dental Floss
- Reusable Safety Razor/Shaver
- French Coffee Press
- Heat Resistant Silicone Baking Sheet
- Essential Oils
- DIY Body Scrub
- DIY Lip Scrub/Balm
- Your Own Freshly Baked Goodies. (Cookies are the best, btw!)
Forget the wrap because its crap! Place your gifts in reusable bags or DIY bags instead. Or better not wrap it at all. Happy giving and may you make someone happy during this spirit-filled season!